A One Minute Summary
An accomplished author, marketer, word-slinger and avid relationship builder. Kelly is a creative, non-linear thinking individual. Skilled in project management, concept development, event logistics and crossing the finish line. A visionary who turns ideas into projects and projects into profits.
Her book, The Best Places To Pee: A Guide To The Funky And Fabulous Bathrooms of Portland exemplifies her distinct style of thinking outside the box, while refining a concept that resonates and engages with a broad audience. The Best Places To Pee gained national recognition on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and has an international fan base.
As a Portlander, Kelly is innovative, ambitious, and community-conscious. A strong believer and advocate for the change-making good nonprofit organizations provide our community. Kelly is active giver of her time and resources in support of these valiant missions.
Kelly is a skilled creative, connector, and leader. She thrives in environments where she can participate as a key contributor, effect positive change, and provide value while delivering results. If you wish to involve Kelly in creative work or co-work; or have a project you’d like her to implement; or maybe you’d like to see if she talks in third person in person— drop her a line. She’d love to hear from you.
Book: The Best Places To Pee: A Guide To The Funky and Fabulous Bathrooms of Portland
- Developed concept
- Researched and wrote engaging copy
- Communicated design vision and worked hand in hand with graphic designer
- Negotiated contracts with printers, retailers and distributors
- Maintained budgets and deadlines
- Built positive relationships with support team based on collaboration, professionalism, and enthusiasm
- Avid relationship builder and networker
- Planned and implemented multiple book tour appearances and events
- Executed development of social media platforms and websites
- Curated content for social media to optimize exposure
- Sought out and coordinated strategic advertising
- Developed personal branding leading to contract work and on-air personality segments
- Garnered a reputation as an “expert” and ambassador for Portland, gaining status as an influencer and promoter within social media
- Visionary and creative risk-taking: turning ideas into projects and projects into profits
- Successfully engaged with ‘You Economy’ platforms resulting in profits, team development and mentoring others for success
Bachelor of Arts, Criminal Justice Kent State University 1997